The Summer School admission is open now for 2010
Summer School\'s Mission
Our mission is to seek the pleasure of Allah (SWT) by preparing our students to become the future flag-bearers of Islam, and to achieve success in this life and the Hereafter.
The School\'s Objectives
1. To provide quality Islamic education
2. To preserve the Muslim identity of the student and cultivate in them a love for Islam
3. To provide an enriched and healthy social and educational environment
4. To motivate our students to strive for excellence and reach their full potential
5. To encourage cooperation between the home, school and community
- Reading Quran with Tajweed (rules of correct recitation)
- Practicing Islam
- Performing Prayers
- Islamic manners and values
- Islamic History
School Dates & Timing
PICC summer school is for 6 weeks duration starting from 28th June, 2010 and ending on 6th August, 2010. PICC Summer School hours are:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. Volunteers will be there to receive students from 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Parents must not leave their child at school before 9:00 a.m. After 9:30 a.m. the student is considered tardy, and the parent/guardian/authorized drop-off person will be responsible for taking the children to his/her appropriate class.
Tuition Fees must be paid in full up front before June 21st, 2010. The following tuition fees include all course material.
- Fee for one child is $175
- Fee for two children from a family is $325
- Fee for three children from a family is $475
Summer Program Levels
There will be 4 levels of children according to their grade they will enter in Sept. 2010. Any child who will not be 5 years of age by July 1st 2010 will not be admitted:
- Level1. Entering KG or 1st Grade
- Level2. Entering 2nd or 3rd Grade
- Level3. Entering 4th or 5th Grade
- Level4. Entering 6th or 7th Grade
Late Pick Up
PICC will not be responsible for students who are not picked up by 2:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 12 pm on Friday.
Health Services & Emergency Numbers
Parental cooperation is essential in providing for student health care needs that may arise during the school day. This includes making sure that a parent or guardian can be reached in case of a child’s illness or accident. A telephone number at which a parent can be reached during school hours is required as well as an alternative number of a relative or friend. It is the parents’ responsibility to keep these numbers current.
If your child has a contagious condition such as chicken pox, strep throat, measles, mumps, head lice, etc. the parent of the child should notify the school immediately. Children with a contagious condition must stay home from school.
While we do everything we can to avoid injuries, accidents do happen. If a child is hurt while at PICC, an incident report will be filled out with one copy being sent to the parents and one copy kept in the school.
Education succeeds best when parents, teachers and administrators work together in a strong partnership. The school staff asks parents to:
1. See that their children are well rested before coming to school
2. Show respect for school administrators and teachers
3. Provide their children a nutritious lunch and snack as well as offer them a healthy breakfast before school
4. Encourage their children to put a high priority on education
5. Stay informed of school activities
6. Become a school volunteer
Parents must ensure their child/ren arrive at school with appropriate clothing in accordance with the PICC dress code:
- Boys all ages must wear loose and modest clothing
- Shorts must cover knees if worn
- Girls 5-8 should wear loose clothing, preferably with hijab
- Girls 9+ must wear hijab with loose clothing, preferably with hijab
- No tight jeans or pants allowed for both boys and girls
The School may conduct field trips for our students. Parents will be notified at least one week before the field trip of the day, times, destination, lunch information, cost, etc. The parent must sign and return the notification in order for the child to go on the trip. The cost of the trip must also be paid at that time.
Volunteer helpers are greatly valued and needed at the PICC Summer School. Community members and parents who would like to share their expertise with the school are encouraged to do so. If you would like to be a volunteer, please contact at: 416-566-3830 or 905-455-9400. Send us an Email
Registration Form & Information Guide
Please click on the following links to download registration form and parent guide. Once you have them, fill it out and drop it at Taha Musallah (499 Ray Lawson Blvd., Unit 28, Brampton). If you have further questions, you may contact us at: 416-566-3830 or 905-455-9400.
Click here to download Summer School Registration Form
Click here to download Summer School Information Guide
Click here to download Summer School Flyer